Imina Technologies SA is a leading provider of high-precision robotic solutions for micro- and nanoscale electrical characterization. We create solutions for scientists and reliability engineers to make electronic devices safer. Hundreds of our systems have been installed worldwide and are used by semiconductor industry leaders.
Engineering and innovation are at the heart of Imina Technologies’ business. In our team, we cultivate a sense of quality, respect, and individual responsibility. As an employer, we offer flexible working conditions that promote work-life balance.
Our Applications team is key to support our growth and to maintain close relationships with our customers. To strengthen this team, we are looking for an Application Engineer with experience in technical support of scientific equipment and an extensive research background. Your problem-solving skills will help our customers derive maximum value from our products. You are comfortable working at the limit of the tools’ specifications, and you leverage your systematic, independent, and hands-on approach to get the best quality results.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Technical sales support
- Understand the customers’ technical needs and match them with the solutions we offer in close conjunction with the Sales team.
- Perform demonstrations and feasibility studies.
- Commissioning and troubleshooting
- Install our systems at customers’ sites.
- Provide after-sales service.
- Customers and applications support
- Train customers and partners in-person and remotely.
- Give technical presentations at conferences.
- Applications development
- Perform experiments to validate new application areas of our products.
- Create application notes together with the Marketing team.
Qualifications and skills required for this role:
- MSc or PhD degree in physics, electronics, materials science or equivalent.
- Prior experience as an application or field engineer for scientific equipment.
- Project management skills, ability to work on several projects in parallel.
- Efficient problem-solving mindset, good communication skills.
- Ability to travel worldwide up to 50% of the time.
- Proficiency in English (C1 level); fluency in Chinese is a plus.
Ideally, you also have experience with:
- Semiconductor electrical analysis techniques (e.g., nanoprobing, EBIC, EBAC).
- Electron microscopes (SEM, FIB, Dual Beam) and related accessories.
- Software development and scripting languages (e.g., Python).
Does that sound like you? Send your full application by email to email@example.com using the job ID and the title as an email subject. The application should be written in English and include a motivation letter, CV, reference letters or job certificates, and any other relevant documents. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
We look forward to working together with you!
No recruiters or agencies please.